- Oil-based, and acrylic water-based formulas available
- Richly pigmented for extra UV protection
- Ideal for decks, fencing and patios
- Scuff-resistant finish made to be walked on
- Acrylic #1800 series requires two-coat application
- Oil series #1600 and #7600 recommend one-coat application
- Not recommended for siding or incense cedar
- Unlimited color matching
- Do not thin
- Not intended for interior surfaces
Cabot® Solid Color Decking Stains are extremely durable exterior stains for use on all wood decking, outdoor furniture and fencing, as well as cement patios and walkways. Series #1800, 100% acrylic finish is also water repellent and fade resistant. Oil Series #1600 and #7600 contain all-natural pigment with 100% alkyd resin. Solid Color Stains provide excellent adhesion to new, previously stained or painted surfaces, which are in a clean, sound condition.
Approximately 150-250 square feet per gallon for Acylic Series #1800. Oil Series #1600 and #7600 cover 400-500 sq. ft. per gallon on smooth surfaces; 250-350 sq. ft. per gallon on rough surfaces. These rates will vary depending upon the porosity and type of surface. Spread rates will increase when applying a second coat.