- Lightly pigmented to accentuate wood grain
- Oil Based and Acrylic Water Based formulas available
- Water-repellent and UV protection
- Oil based formula is ideal for decks, siding and fences
- One coat application
- When properly applied won't crack, peel or blister
- Not intended for interior surfaces
Cabot Semi-Transparent Stains are deep penetrating, linseed oil-based stains that beautify and protect exterior wood. These lightly pigmented stains enhance the natural beauty of the wood by allowing the grain, texture, and color variations within the wood to show through. Acrylic 1300 series combines penetrating properties of oil-based with easy soap-and-water clean-up of water-based finishes. Will provide long-lasting, vapor-permeable protection that beautifies and enriches exterior wood surfaces. Formulated with non-fade, earth tone pigments to weather slowly over time.
Spread rates will vary depending on the porosity of the surface. On smooth surfaces, 0300 series covers approximately 450-650 square feet per gallon, 200-300 square feet per gallon on rough surfaces. 1300 and 16300 series cover approximately 200-300 square feet per gallon on smooth surfaces.
Cabot Semi-Transparent Deck & Siding Stain is available in these colors: